The Woodie Wheaton Land Trust (WWLT) is seeking an Executive Director to drive the strategic mission of the Woodie Wheaton Land Trust. The successful Executive Director will be committed to land conservation and work collaboratively with an active Board of Directors in a remote environment with multiple priorities.
The qualified ED candidate demonstrates strong leadership skills with a foundation of business acumen required for leading land conservation efforts, guiding stewardship, supervising staff and interns, managing finances, and nurturing key relationships.
This self-directed individual is expected to
- Effectively represent the Trust in the community.
- Direct and develop a dynamic membership/donor development program.
- Maintain an active grant seeking program with a regular schedule of research, writing, and applying for various grant opportunities to help fund conservation, outreach, and operational expenses.
- Direct acquisition projects, including leading committees and Board in evaluation of land protection projects.
- Serve as primary WWLT representative with landowners.
- Engage in occasional GIS cartography work and GPS data collection.
- Create baseline documentation and management plans for properties and easements.
- Participate in board development and recruitment.
- Manage various stewardship activities.
- Actively engage and guide a team of volunteers.
- Produce and maintain a rigorous schedule of WWLT communications.
- Ensure WWLT compliance with organization’s policies and procedures, required licenses and permits, and LTA standards and practices.
This position is full time and year-round with seasonal office locations. The candidate must reside in the local area and work out of the WWLT office located in Forest City, Maine at a minimum 6 months of the year (May through October). Salary is commensurate with experience.
If you are highly motivated, passionate about land conservation, and prepared for the anticipated growth of the organization, with 3+ years of experience in non-profit management preferred, send your resume and a 30 second video clip about why you believe you’re the best candidate for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.