The Woodie Wheaton Land Trust, Forest City, and the Chiputneticook Lakes region are easy to reach travel destinations. Forest City is approximately 2 hours North of Bangor and 4 hours north of Portland, with both cities offering commercial airports with available rental car services.
For purpose of GPS navigation, Woodie Wheaton Land Trust’s address is 2 Grove Road, Forest City Twp, ME 04413. The trust is in the center of Forest City and close by to several sporting camps including Wheaton’s Lodge and The Village Camps.
Directions to Forest City from Bangor
- Travel North on I-95 towards Orono. (1 mile)
- Take Exit 227 toward Mattawamkeag/Lincoln (47 miles)
- Go through the town of Lincoln and turn right onto ME Route 6 E. (41 miles)
- In Topsfield, turn left onto US Route 1 North, and travel 8 miles.
- Turn right onto Forest City Road (12 miles) to reach Forest City and the Woodie Wheaton Land Trust.