Volunteers Further Our Conservation Mission
For more than twenty five years, the Woodie Wheaton Land Trust has been a positive force, preserving lands and waters that define our communities and enrich our quality of life. If you share the vision, protecting the land we love, the Trust invites you roll up your sleeves and become a volunteer this summer.
The volunteer program links residents of the community who support the Trust's mission, with opportunities to assist in the following areas:
- * Program & Event Volunteers--help with our speaker series events---on site, off-site and/or field trips. See the current Speaker Series flyer for dates and descriptions.
- * Trail Blazers & Land Stewards--help with occasional field work days building and/or maintaining the existing trail system, help installing signage and general trail clean- up. Also occasional workdays to monitor easements and maintain the public lunch site on Greenland Island.
- * Nature Education & Outreach Volunteers--WWLT is hoping to continue the outreach & conservation education work that has been done in previous years.
- * Photographers--help out with professional skills to record speakers and WWLT events for use in the newsletter and publicity.
- * Administrative Support--answering the lobby phone, posting flyers, errands etc.
- * Committee Work--As a small non-profit, WWLT accomplishes much of its work by active committees of volunteers. Experience, directly related to land conservation and natural resource protection, is always welcome on any committee.
- * Grounds & Maintenance--help with a rotating schedule of lawn mowing, pulling weeds, watering plants and garden care.
Volunteers play an important role, now more than ever, in serving the community and fulfilling our mission. As the Trust takes daily steps toward accreditation, there is much to be done. With help from you, we can accomplish so much more. You can help protect land by pitching in. We hope you'll join us! Please fill out the form below and we will contact you. Thank you, in advance, for your interest in investing your time, skills and/or energy into the WWLT mission.